We have been completely devastated by the news of the on going wild fires in Northern California and all the destruction they have and continue to cause. Steve and I grew up in the bay area and our hearts are deeply rooted in this community. Not to mention our love for the gorgeous wine country of Sonoma County and Napa County. I cannot imagine the horror and grief families are feeling at the loss of their homes, businesses and even in some cases loved ones. It is truly heart breaking. Our thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected by these fires. And a huge thank you to amazing men and women fighting these fires and continuing to help these people and this community.
We wanted to provide some information for those of you looking to help.
- The American Red Cross
- Go Fund Me Pages, several pages have been created to help specific families, communities and businesses affected by these fires.
- Salvation Army
- Evacuation centers, across Sonoma County are accepting donations to assist in housing displaces families
Ways to Donate to Help Animals Affected by Fires:
Ways to Volunteer:
- AirBNB, open your doors to evacuees using Airbnb through October 30th
- Red Cross, is always looking for more hands to help
- Sonoma County Center, contact to find out where there are needing volunteer currently
- Redwood Empire Food Bank
Ways to Donate Food and Supplies, but first make sure to check with specific organizations to see what they need and don’t need:
- United Way is currently accepting toiletries, blankets, baby supplies and pillows.
- The Red Cross
- Sonoma County food pantries
- Napa County food pantries
- Yuba County food pantries
- Ready-to-eat food at the Redwood Empire FoodBank located at 3990 Brickway Blvd., Santa Rosa, California
Also other sites providing information on ways to help listed below: